Please make sure to install the software before connecting the PXSu.
Installing the LayGO PXSu Toolkit
The LayGO PXSu Toolkit (UTK) contains programs, libraries,
device drivers and auxiliary files to help in the installation and operation of
The toolkit is available for download from our FTP site. Contact Advanced
Relay Sales for download instructions. The installation file is
- Download the installation file to a local drive.
- Right-click the file in Windows Explorer and select Run as Administrator.
(On Windows XP, you will need to select Run as... and then select
Administrator in the Run as dialog.)
- Follow the instructions on the screen. The installer will copy the toolkit files to the
installation directory and then run 2 additional installation wizards:
- The LayGO PXS-USB Device Installer.
- The LayGO PXS-USB Installation Test.
The following shows the sequence of installation steps.
Run as Administrator
LayGO PXS-USB Toolkit Setup - Start
LayGO PXS-USB Device Installer
LayGO PXS-USB Installation Test
In Windows Vista and later, the driver is automatically installed for
the device when it is first plugged in. In Windows XP, the Found New
Hardware Wizard will appear. In that case, follow the steps in Installing the Driver
before completing the next step. The device will not be detected until the
Found New Hardware Wizard is completed.
LayGO PXS-USB Toolkit Setup - Finish
By default the toolkit is installed in
C:\laygoutk-3.10. The tools are
Most of the programs are
available in 2 versions: a GUI version and a command-line version. Program names
starting with "wx" are GUI versions. Shortcuts to the GUI versions are installed
in the Start → Programs → LayGO PXS-USB Toolkit menu.
Here is a list of the tools included:
- Excercises the communication channel from host computer to PXSu and from
PXSu to synchronous device. Useful to test the PXSu installation and preform basic
debugging of a synchronous connection as explained in
- wxedcfg and edcfg
- These programs are used to create LayGO configuration files.
LayGO Configuration Manual.
- wxedcall and edcall
- These programs are used to create X.25 call set up packets. See
These are only included if the X.25 stack is installed.
- wxdlmserver and wxdlmmonitor
- These programs use the PXSu built-in synchronous port software tap for
Data Line Monitoring.
- This program is used for PXSu