|LEDs do not turn on. There is no activity.
- Make sure the AC adaptor is connected to the wall and to the +5VDC
connector in the PXS.
- The AC power adaptor is defective. Try a different one.
- The PXS is defective.
|Console - Serial Connection
|There is no "RedBoot" prompt.
- If the LEDs on the top of the PXS are off, check the previous item.
- Check the connection between the asynchronous port on the PXS and
the COM port on the PC. Make sure you are using the supplied null modem
- Make sure the Terminal emulation program is in
- Make sure the Terminal emulation port settings are correct.
- Verify you are connecting to the correct COM port.
- Make sure the PC has the COM port you are using enabled.
|The terminal emulator does not show any RedBoot prompt but just
some weird characters.
||Make sure the terminal port settings
There is no "LayGO" group in my Start menu.
Install LayGO from the distribution media.
After clicking on WinTdrv the program freezes for a long
time and after awhile the error message
Error! Failure opening line 0.
Service not available is displayed.
- Make sure you have modified the stackpxs.cfg
file so that it contains the same IP address you set in the PXS.
- Make sure the PXS is running the hdlcsrv
application program. This is the default behavior, but you may have
accidentally modified it.
In the back-to-back test, DTR and
RTS turn off after a while
This is the expected behavior when the connect timeout expires (default
is 60 seconds). You have to start the second instance of
less than one minute.
In the back-to-back test, the State is not changing to
Data Transfer State - XON
- Make sure you have the 2 synchronous ports connected back-to-back.
- Make sure you have interconnected synchronous port 0 and
synchronous port 1 using the right type of cables and null modem
- Make sure one instance of WinTdrv
was started as
Clock Source and the other as
In the back-to-back test, when I try to
Connect in the
second instance of the program, the error message
Error! Failure opening line 0. Service not available
Make sure you selected line 0 in the first instance and line 1 in the