|LEDs do not turn on. There is no activity.
- Make sure the AC adaptor is connected to the wall and to the +5VDC
connector in the PXS.
- The AC power adaptor is defective. Try a different one.
- The PXS is defective.
|Console - Serial Connection
|There is no "RedBoot" prompt.
- If the LEDs on the top of the PXS are off, check the previous item.
- Check the connection between the asynchronous port on the PXS and
the COM port on the PC. Make sure you are using the supplied null modem
- Make sure the Terminal emulation program is in
- Make sure the Terminal emulation port settings are correct.
- Verify you are connecting to the correct COM port.
- Make sure the PC has the COM port you are using enabled.
|The terminal emulator does not show any RedBoot prompt but just
some weird characters.
||Make sure the terminal port settings
There is no "LayGO" group in my Start menu.
Install LayGO from the distribution media.
After clicking on Connect in
WinTdrv the program freezes for a long
time and after awhile the error message
Error! Failure opening line 0.
Service not available is displayed.
- Make sure you have modified the stackpxs.cfg
file so that it contains the same IP address you set in the PXS.
- Make sure the PXS is running the hdlcsrv
application program. This is the default behavior, but you may have
accidentally modified it.
In the back-to-back test, DTR and
RTS turn off after a while
This is the expected behavior when the connect timeout expires (default
is 60 seconds). You have to start the second instance of
less than one minute.
In the back-to-back test, the State is not changing to
Data Transfer State - XON
- Make sure you have the 2 synchronous ports connected back-to-back.
- Make sure you have interconnected synchronous port 0 and
synchronous port 1 using the right type of cables and null modem
- Make sure one instance of WinTdrv
was started as
Clock Source and the other as
In the back-to-back test, when I try to
Connect in the
second instance of the program, the error message
Error! Failure opening line 0. Service not available
Make sure you selected line 0 in the first instance and line 1 in the