Configuring 2 PXSs for Heartbeat Monitoring
To configure 2 PXSs for heartbeat monitoring:
- Install both the application and pxsekg on both PXSs.
- Configure both PXSs with identical command line options and program environments.
- On both PXSs, set the application to be the default application.
- Designate one PXS as the primary and the other as the secondary.
- On the primary, enable the heartbeat
and primary options,
disable the monitor option
and set the standby server
to the IP address of the secondary.
- On the secondary, enable the heartbeat
and monitor options, disable the
primary option and set the
standby server to the IP address of the primary.
Install and start the secondary PXS first. It cannot fail over until it receives at least
one heartbeat from the primary.